Saturday, February 12, 2011

Healing Journey

I've had this feeling lately to be free. Free from a past that has haunted me for years. Free from the anger it has inflicted on my heart. My journey is one of physical & mental healing from years of torment, and also one of accepting and forgiving things that were done to me. Some of you may know of my struggle, but only part of it. It is so complex that many people do not believe it when they hear it. It resembles something out of a movie. But through these struggles I have learned alot, even if it has only been in recent years. A friend once told me that I have an old soul, the things I have experienced have given me a wise soul in some respects I suppose. The anger that I have felt has consumed me, and that is a hard thing to admit. It has damaged my health to the point that I was told my body was shutting down. I had to run on adrenaline for so many years unable to have time to heal just struggling to survive that my body had had enough. It's only been recently that I have found the strength to heal. Even my own husband didn't know the story, and was so lost as to how to help me. The experience has left me unable to have more children, but I see it as a blessing, that my journey through life is not to have many children, but to help those that I meet, to help them overcome their trials. There are times that I have to sit back and say no. But I believe that God carried me through my past so that I may be a strength to others in the future. I hope that you will go on this journey with me and be patient with me as I struggle. I promise I am not crazy, I am just trying my best to heal for myself and my family. I want to share my story so that it can be heard, so that others know it is possible to survive even the worst trauma. I know that there will be those that shrug it off, and that's fine, there are those that do not want to believe that things that happened to me actually happen, but they do. I ask you to listen with an open heart and mind, and to keep me in your prayers. God bless, Cheri

1 comment:

  1. You aren't crazy at all. And just know that in your darkest moments you are truly surrounded by love :) Love of your friends, family, husband, God. Only love babe! :)

    ReplyDelete